Friday, February 5, 2021

K@ito Drone




I was wondering what happened to juggler/performer K@ito after Dolphin Port was torn down. The Port shopping complex had been a popular spot for street jugglers and clowns to set up stage and try to entertain tourists. Even before the Port was scheduled to be torn down, Covid-19 messed stuff up by forcing a ban on cruise ship tourism. On Sunday, I was down at the nearby Waterfront Park, trying to test out the new GoPro with time lapse video of the volcano (I'll have to try that again another day), and I spotted K@ito attempting to practice in the area. I say "attempting" because he kept attracting people that wanted to talk to him.



The main distractions were two female friends. However, he did manage to get them to take pictures of him in mid-juggle (see above).



But, what they were using for the camera is K@ito's drone. It got a lot of use because K@ito wanted to show it off to his friends, and they wanted to play around with it. I was a bit surprised that he had the drone, because the Japanese government has been trying to restrict ownership and usage of drones ever since one was found stranded on top of a government building (I think it was the Diet building) some years ago.



It's very compact, but handles very stably. I'd like to get one for myself, but I don't actually have much real use for it, and not many places I'd be able to fly it.

No comments: