Saturday, September 15, 2018

Densha de GO




"Densha de GO!!" translates to "Go by train." This is an arcade game machine put out by Taito.



It's a large cabinet that simulates the cab of a Japan Rail company train. The idea is that you have the same controls that a regular driver does, and your task is to follow known commercial train routes, in different weather conditions, to try to be as close to on-time as you can get. No idea if the simulation includes people jumping on the tracks.



I think the reader off to the right of the control panel is a credit card reader, indicating that this game probably can get expensive. I haven't tried playing it, and I won't try until I can see how the controls work. No point in throwing away $10-$20 on something I don't really care about just to figure out the controls by trial and error.

Still, it's pretty cool-looking.

No comments: