Thursday, December 6, 2018

Lotteria Niku no Hi Nov. 29, 2018




The number "29" can be written as "ni" (2) and "kuu" (9), which sounds like "niku", or "meat." A number of fastfood joints will have a Niku Day toward the end of the month, where they sell bigger burgers for around 500 yen. Lotteria pretty much does this every month, but they'll change up the sandwiches each time, and the prices may vary. I've had a couple of the meat day burgers before, and they haven't been that good. I knew what I was getting into, but I also wanted to get a hamburger again (it's been a while). The choices were a "rib" sandwich, a burger with double patties and a hash brown thingie in the middle, and a double chicken sandwich.



I got the burger set (the coffee and fries brought the total price up to 950 yen ($9 USD)).



These things never look like the advertising. There was so much grease that the hash browns turned mushy as I was eating it, and the oil dripped on to the wrapper to form a large pool. I may have shortened my life by a month with this one meal. The upside is that I don't need to buy another one for maybe 6 months now.

No comments: