Thursday, December 13, 2018

Tanuki Keitai Strap




I mentioned some time back that one of my English students had been cleaning out her closest, and found an old electronic film camera that she'd decided to loan to me. I'm trying to relearn how to shoot on film, and I'd bought a roll of ISO 100 because it was cheaper than ISO 400. Unfortunately, that meant I was pretty much stuck to shooting on days with clear, bright skies, which have become really rare. Anyway, I finished off the first roll, and it cost close to $20 to develop 27 photos. Sigh. The only one that turned out well enough to justify scanning and putting on the blog was this cellphone strap raccoon I found lying on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant near Amu Plaza. I propped it up on a bench in front of the door, and took a test shot. The whites are a bit too washed out, but I like the contrast with the near-black shadows.


No comments: