Saturday, January 9, 2021

So No Snow

Little bit of a Small Adventure. Japan shuts down for 2 weeks from Dec. 24th to Jan. 6th for the New Year holidays. Almost nothing happening during this period, this year. But, I was supposed to have my first English classes at the school on Thursday, the 7th. Late that morning, I got a call telling me that there was snow forecasted for the next 3 days, and that the school was going to be closed on the 7th. Ok, I guess that's fine. Except that the only snow we got for the entire afternoon consisted of a few small flakes that never made it to the sidewalk. Friday, same story; big storm in the forecast (which did hit kind of hard farther north), school closed, and just a few small flakes. Saturday, the skies were crystal clear, and the school actually opened for the day.

Sigh. I miss snow.


No comments: