Sunday, April 3, 2022

Update 2

Still no word from the Kagoshima police on my pocket camera being turned in. I'll give it another few days, then I'll give up and buy a new replacement. I'm currently leaning towards another Canon Powershot SX 740 HS. I was checking prices at the local big boxes, and Bic has it for 54,540 yen, but I don't know if that's before or after the 10% sales tax. Amazon shows it for around 58,000 yen. Yamada Denki has it for 48,000 yen, but again I don't know if that's with or without sales tax. Even if Bic's price includes tax and Yamada's doesn't, Yamada is still the slightly better deal. However, I have points cards for both stores, but I do all of my shopping for whisky and printer ink at Bic, and they have a better points pay-back program, so that tips things a little more in Bic's favor. I'll have to figure out the details better when I get ready to make a decision.


No comments: