Saturday, November 9, 2019

Gundam Heads




Coke and Georgia Can Coffee are continuing their team-up with Gundam. Along with the giant robot art on the sides of the cans, the vending machines supposedly dispense random cans with plastic caps containing pins and robot heads. I should know better than to try to get these things, because I never do.



But, it's a new campaign and I was optimistic that the machine might have a can with a cap at the bottom of the rack to dispense quickly. In the past, if I bought one can occasionally when I needed the caffeine boost, I'd never get the toy. So, I've taken to allocating 1,000 yen ($9.50 USD) to trying my luck. If I get the toy on the first try, then I stop. Otherwise, I keep trying until I've spent 1,000 yen and then I vow to not spend any more money on this product ever again. This time, after spending my 1,000 yen, not only didn't I get a toy, but the cans only had 2 of the robot designs (100 yen per can).



Yeah, I'm done with this campaign. They may have gotten $9.50 out of me up front, but if I'd just bought one can at a time every few days, I'd probably have ended up spending a lot more than that over time. Sigh.

No comments: