Monday, May 4, 2020

Dydo Dragonball figures, desk set




Man, I'm getting a lot of photos of Dydo stuff lately. This one is for a set of Dragonball desktop tools figures that are packaged with can coffee in Konbini (rather than from vending machines). I stumbled across this line by accident when I stopped in a 7-11 in Tenmonkan. They only had 4 of the 7 figures, and I wasn't really attracted to any specific one (Boo, Goku, I think Freeza, and something that looked like Brolli or something. The Brolli-like one was larger and better detailed than the others, but not a character I specifically like.) After getting this one, I went back and hit 4 other 7-11s, and none of them had these figures. Not sure if I came in at the tail end of the campaign, or the very beginning. The packaging doesn't show the entire set, so I have no idea if there's anything else I'd want to get. The cans are 130 yen ($1.10) USD, but there's more coffee in these bigger ones, if you like the coffee (I don't, it's slightly sweet and kind of watery).



The artwork on the face is weird. It looks like he has no nose or lips. He stands about 1.5", which is on the small size, but he's still bigger than several of the other figures in the collection.



I don't know if those are rocks or teeth.



Goku is intended to hold a card. Points cards are a little too thick to sit firmly in the base, but I don't see a point to having a business card holder on your desk that can only hold one card.


No comments: