Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Whiskey and Beer Exhibit


 

There's an exhibit running in Maruya Gardens right now by an artist, Hamachi Katsunori, who specializes in drawing bottles of alcohol in various settings. The artist and a female sales partner were in the room trying to sell the paintings, and that kind of put me off of taking pictures of the art. The cheapest works, which were smaller watercolor sketches, were in the $300 range. The bigger ones were $1,200. I didn't see any takers while I was there. According to his Instagram page, he's a local artist. I can see how his style would work for restaurant wall art, or food and wine magazine illustrations.


Some of the subjects.


From the doorway, I could see a projected video showing how the artist painted one of his subjects.

No comments: