Thursday, October 22, 2020

Things Are Picking Up

The last few weeks, events have been popping up that I normally would have wanted to attend. The first weekend of October had a beer, food and music event in Ten Park. I was walking through Tenmonkan when I ran into Wicky and his wife, Kana. They were carrying guitars and hand drums on their way to the park. Turned out this event had been running for a few days, and Wicky was going to be playing that afternoon. I turned around and tagged along after them, and discovered the event, which they also had last year. It was free, but masks were mandatory and attendees had to sign in their names and addresses for Covid tracking. Since I was slated for eye surgery two days after, I had to forego trying to get in to take photos.

I've been seeing posters for the big Ohara dance parade in November, too. Normally, I would expect Shochu Street to run the same weekend. Assuming that the crowds are going to be as thick in the past, I can't run the risk of contracting anything that could endanger my eye. So, yeah, things are starting to happen again, anyway.

No comments: