Thursday, June 1, 2017

Google easter eggs

I've been interested in the Google doodles (the art pieces Google occasionally has on their search screen) for a few years, but I don't normally use Google as a search engine by itself. So, I haven't been paying attention to any of the other little goodies they've snuck into their software. However, a few days ago, one of the commenters on the Hubris comic site mentioned typing in "askew" into the search box to mess up the screen display. That was pretty cool (and yeah, I now know they've had that one since maybe 2012 or 2010), but like I say, I haven't cared about that until now.

So, I decided to see if I could find more easter eggs like this (both through yahoo and google), and I found 3 pages (2 from the same site):
Memeburn's top 15 list
Memeburn's next top 13
Gadgetsay's top 40 list

A lot of the things mentioned in the older blog entries no longer work, and some of the ones that still do are kind of lame. Plus, I'm a little put off by Gadgetsay's bad English, which makes me question how safe their blog is. But, the tricks that I do like are ("type" means "type the following text into the search box, and press enter" unless otherwise directed):

Type "askew"
Type "goglogo"
Type "(sqrt(cos(x))*cos(200x)+sqrt(abs(x))-0.7)*(4-x*x)^0.01, sqrt(9-x^2), -sqrt(9-x^2) from -4.5 to 4.5"
Type "google sphere" and click "I'm feeling lucky".
Type "loneliest number" or "once in a blue moon".
Type "Search for Chuck Norris".
In youtube.com, search for "Do the Harlem Shake".
www.google.com/sky/
Type "Google Mirror" and click "I'm feeling lucky".






No comments: