Thursday, August 24, 2017

Small Adventure 53


I was at the Doutoru coffee shop in Tenmonkan a few days ago, sitting at a table on the second floor, drinking an ice coffee. At the table next to me sat a short, dapper-looking Japanese gentleman with a grizzled goatee and medium-length black hair laced with gray. He wore a white suit and slacks with a white button-down shirt and tie, and what I guess was a white Fedora. On the table were sheets of music, and he was painstakingly writing out new notes on one score sheet.

I considered asking to take his photo, and then asking some of the musicians I know if he's someone famous locally, but he looked pretty intent on his work and I didn't want to disturb him. He's distinctive enough, though, that someone may recognize him just from a verbal description.

No comments: