Thursday, October 4, 2018

Miko, 2018




I was walking through Tenmonkan on my way to a 2 PM class on Wednesday when I happened on some kind of presentation in the open space in front of Lotteria. I was tight on time, so I could only take a few photos and keep on walking. Even so, no one else had cameras or smartphones out, and I sort of got the impression that this was a "no photos" situtation. Anyway, I wasn't able to tell exactly what was going on. These two women are "Miko," or "Geisha in training." The big center for Geisha is Kyoto, so maybe it was kind of an advertisement for Kyoto and its Geisha culture.



This part of the event ended just as I was leaving, too. There was a second event scheduled for Thursday, but I had to stay home and work, so I missed that.



Japan. Blink, and you miss it.

No comments: