Thursday, October 11, 2018

Sionsai Poster




I was walking down by the MBC broadcasting building, when I noticed this poster in an announcement display case along the street nearby. It looked interesting, so I took a photo (of course, nothing ever looks good when you shoot it through glass), then went back home to try to get more information about it online. Initially, I was thinking it was for a play or theater event featuring some lead actress. But, it turns out to be an advertisement for the 52nd "Shion-sai," which I guess is kind of a homecoming festival for the Kagoshima Women's Junior College. The website copy goes something along the lines of "jewels sparkle beautifully, and no two jewels sparkle the same way. This year, our theme is "Jewel." Our female students all sparkle like jewels, and we want everyone to come to this event and sparkle beautifully all as you are."

"Jewel - No one glitters more."

No comments: