Thursday, October 31, 2019

Oct. 31




Final comments. I had an English lesson in the middle of the afternoon, and when I was done, I decided to walk up to Amu Plaza just on the off-chance that there might be something going on in the evening. Instead, I found all the craft and jewelry tables moved out, and the big trucks in to start putting up the annual Christmas decorations. I went into the basement of Amu, and the Kaldi import store had also gotten rid of their Halloween chocolate displays and replaced them with winter stuff (powdered coffees, sugar cookies, etc.) A few stores in the area still had their decorations out at the fronts of the shops, but all of the seasonal things they sold had been switched over.  Effectively, Halloween had been exorcised before the morning of the 31st had even started.



I had another class in the evening, and when that finished at 8 PM, I walked up to Streetcar Street, and cut through Tenmonkan. I did encounter 20-25 people in costumes (zombie nurses, zombie school girls, zombie characters from Gin-Tama) walking around outside, but there didn't seem to be anywhere for them to go. They were kind of gravitating towards the red light district, so maybe there was still one bar running a Halloween party, but that was it for this year.

This has been a real major let-down since the big dance party at Amu Plaza 3 years ago. Sigh.

I have little hope for anything good this winter/Christmas, either.

No comments: