Sunday, November 25, 2018

Anime Fliers

Alita - Battle Angel


I go to Amu Plaza at least once a week, and often I'll go up to the top floor to see if there are any interesting movie boards. Recently, the movie theater there (Mitte 10) has stopped putting up the movie boards, and has just settled for putting the regular posters in their display cases, and running little trailer videos on the TV hidden near the entrance. This time, though, I was looking over the fliers for upcoming releases, and I found quite a few for anime films. Enough to justify showing them here.

The last time I did this, I ran the scans for one movie per blog entry. I've got a significant enough backlog of blog entries now that I'm just going to put everything into one long post.



Looks like fan service, but I'm not really happy with the choice of faces for Alita. Not convincing.


City Hunter


Old is new again. I may rent this when it comes out on DVD. Then again, I've been so busy that I still haven't gotten around to renting the hard-boiled series of Lupin III mini-movies for Jigen and Fujiko. Sigh.




Dragon Ball Super - Brolly


Yeah, DB has left me behind. I really don't feel any interest the new TV series, movies, or capsule ball toys. Oh well.



Looks pretty, though.


Fate: Stay Night - Heaven's Feel





Love Live Sunshine - School Idol Project


While all of the other scans are from single-sheet fliers, this monster is like a 20-page goods catalog. It doesn't so much tell you that there's a movie, as it tries to overwhelm you with stuff you don't need and can't afford (figures, toys, posters, DVDs).




Sugar Rush


I know this isn't technically an anime movie, but I wanted to show how it's being marketed in Japan.



I don't think anyone actually reads any of this text.


Yokai Watch - Forever Friends


Made for children, and looks like it.



---

I may rent City Hunter, some day. Not really interested in any of the other movies. But, if I have nothing else to do, I may sit down with Alita, too.

No comments: