Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Hawai'ian Festa, July 7-8




The space in front of Lotteria was used for the semi-annual Hawai'ian fest. Largely, it's a couple shops selling dresses, shaved ice and food, and a bunch of dance schools showing off their hula moves. Since most of the dancers are amateurs in their 70's and 80's, it's mostly popular with senior citizens looking for a place to sit and sleep for the afternoon.





I had to work Saturday, and I didn't make it back to Tenmonkan on Sunday because of shopping.



I didn't look at the schedule all that closely, since most of the entries were for the schools, but they did have this band. I don't know their name, but they performed here last year, too.



They played well, but they just look really bored.



Playing hula music must suck the soul out of you. "Com'on dudes! Let's do at least one Dick Dale song while we're here! Just one! You're killing me here!"

No comments: