Thursday, February 21, 2019

Ramen-Oh 2019




The latest competition for deciding which restaurant has the best ramen ran over the last weekend. 700 yen per bowl ($6.50 USD). I've had some of the ramen before, and I wasn't all that hungry when I went down to Dolphin Port during my break between 4:30 and 5:30 PM. I just swung by long enough to tell there was nothing on the event stage schedule to watch, then I went to Tulley's coffee shop to play with a Two-Square cipher.





20 lines, no one waiting...



The only event at the time was a ramen exercise dance. Copy-righted music, so I couldn't upload video to youtube. Very silly, though. The characters went through fake exercise moves, pretending to eat different kinds of ramen. Other stage events included dancing by 1BelieveFNC, and interviews with some of the Kagoshima United soccer team players.



Roly poly fish heads.



The foamhead is the mascot for Kanoya, the city that hosts a big rose garden show in the Spring and Fall.



People did like the ramen, anyway.

No comments: