Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Ramen Oh Canceled




Yeah, the Ramen-Oh event intended to showcase ramen from local restaurants was supposed to be last weekend. Up until Saturday, I'd been listening to the radio and not hearing anything about it. I talked to a few of my students and they were thinking about going, too. On Saturday, my last lesson ended at 4 PM, so I swung by Dolphin Port to check the live stage event schedule.



But, when I got there, workers were already busy tearing down everything. The woman pictured above was returning to get her money back. The sign says "Ramen Oh is Canceled."



This is probably going to hurt the ramen shops that were going to participate here. The drop in Chinese tourists is having a big impact on the local economy, and a lot of the shops depend on this event to bring in revenue.



But, it was a nice day for it.
Stupid virus.

No comments: