Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Moon Photos




One of my students loves taking photos of trains and street cars, and we'll talk about cameras as part of the free talk warm-up at the beginning of the lesson. We've got similar models of cameras, and he was talking about spot monitoring for aperture setting, and I ended up learning more about how my camera works than I'd had before. One reason for this was that we'd been discussing ways to get good shots of the moon. Immediately after the lesson, I tried testing the new camera setting, but the moon was just a sliver behind some clouds and the camera wouldn't focus. The next night there was no moon, and the next 3 nights we had rain and heavy clouds. Finally, after a week of waiting, the moon came back out. This is what I managed to get minus a tripod.







It's still fuzzy and noisy at full resolution, but not so bad when resized to 1000x800. I'll try again later when I have the tripod out.

No comments: