Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Kodawari Products Fest, Dec. 1




Across the sidewalk from the Nisshin udon noodles truck, Amu Plaza was running their periodic regional specialties fest, where growers and packagers try to huck their shochus, teas, vinegars or other handcrafted items.



These fests usually have a live music stage, but the quality of the acts playing have been going down hill, in my opinion. The fest ran from Friday to Sunday. I didn't know about it on Friday, and I had to work most of Saturday. I didn't get to Amu Plaza until a little before 3 PM, by which time most of the music was already over. Looking at the schedule, the majority of the stage events were promotions of the businesses represented there, with some foamhead mascot appearances, and dancing from the nearby dance studios. Here, we have the Taste of Honey Japanese brass jazz band. The audience liked them, I thought they sounded stiff and amateurish. The last act scheduled was Sachi. I've seen her before - acoustic guitar pop music. She's enthusiastic, but it's mostly copyrighted songs that get blocked on youtube.

After hanging out for a couple minutes, I went inside the department store and played Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 for an hour at Seattle's Best. Even that wasn't all that interesting - I'm getting to a point in the game where either I beat the last remaining side quests, or I give up and shelve it once and for all. I'm not all that much of a fan of the DQ series, actually, and I only bought it because it was cheap, used.

No comments: