Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Kitsune or Tanuki?




When I got to Amu Plaza, the first thing I noticed was this instant udon noodle truck. Apparently, Nisshin is running an advertising campaign now where two guys in fake samurai armor argue over which of the company's two flavors of udon, kitsue (fox) or tanuki (racoon dog), tastes better (I can't find a website link for the campaign). The consumers are allowed to have the final say. The truck has been driving all over Japan, serving up both favors to anyone that wants to fill out a questionnaire afterward. There were about 10 people at the paperwork table writing down their impressions. I kind of wanted to try, too, but no one offered me a bowl. I guess I'm not part of the target market. Which is ok, because I'd just had breakfast (I sleep late) and wasn't at all hungry then.

No comments: